Sunday, October 05, 2008

Handling the new gadget

Have been using the Sony Ericsson phone since returned from Bhutan... It's not a 3G phone... as a result, would have to exchange the phone with Dad's so that could use it when overseas, especially in places like Japan. The other day experienced difficulty in getting the reception of the radio... In my heart, I thought... it's time to change the phone...

Well, after some deep thoughts... thought through rather thoroughly... decided to get the Omnia... Ah! the first few days were disaster! Hm... not the phone, but it's the matter of coping with the new toy. That reminded me of the PDA I got more than 5 years ago! My life was in chaos when all my appointments and schedules were recorded inside that palm... felt the limitation and returned and remain faithful to my A4 size planner till today.

Well, it does not come with the buttons... instead, it's touchpad! Ha, quite a lot of features that can tap on... that's why pick up the courage to give it a try... So far, after a couple of weeks... think am adapting... :D


2 comments:

Irfan Darian said...

Wah, you got the Omnia too! And I see that you got the cover thingy too..I've been trying to get the cover at all the phone shops but all say they do not have it...yet. So frustrating, so got to be careful when handling it and so far so good, have dropped it only once, hehe, and so far nothing's broken. And the stylus..errr, I think you can make do without it. I do think that it is a design disaster, haha. When the other phones are either putting them within the phone, and out of sight, I simply don't understand how come the designers of the Omnia decided to let it hand loose like that. Sigh. Anyway I'll make do without the stylus all this while! ;)

LOH Kwai Yin said...

Oh yes, went around to find the "dress" (er... rather an armour, hahaha...) for the Omnia in less than a week... 'cos know how careless I am. Got the plastic casing... u see, within a week, the corner the casing cracked already... Hm... probably it has to change another 'dress' by end of the year.

Well, there's a leather case available... am considering...

U know, there's this 'scratch-free, fingerprint-free' plastic cover available for iPhone... till could not find a similar one for the Omnia... U've got any idea?