Sunday, October 26, 2008

I remember...

Decided to take a bus, instead of the MRT to a friend's place... So, went to the bus-stop behind... for #28.

It's the familiar bus-stop, that I recall standing there, stretching my neck to peep through the 'holes' of the void-deck of the opposite blocks... to see if the bus was coming. Yes, it was more than 15 years ago! In my university days! Yes, at that time, my area was still not that developed and that was the nearest bus-stop to catch the public transport to the town centre. Ah! Those good old days waiting for the bus!

Hopped into #28... it drove straight through St 32, passed by East Spring Sec before turning to the furthest end, Tampines Mart on my right! Yes, it's a place that some of us like to go during the school vacation - for lunch and where I get my hair trimmed! Have not gone back that area for almost a year.

The next one was once my second home. Well, I think the same applies to many of my ex-colleagues too! Yes, it was the place where I would spend most of my time even during the school vacation... unless I was out of the island! Yeap, a place where I was there for more than 10 years!

The bus turned left, and went straight... all the way to Safra... to Bedok Reservoir Road... to Bedok North... yes, another old neighbourhood when I stayed during my secondary & JC days! Ah! No much of changes except the new school buildings on my left....

Yes... selected episodes of the past just flashed across...

No comments: