Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
- 你名叫叮当 个样似蜜糖
- 我名叫king kong 个款似james bond
- 咖啡你冲水 我加奶落糖
- 我帮你温钱 你帮我清仓
- 有乜野冲撞 你跟我不妨抛开顾忌坐低讲
- 你需要帮忙 我梗会帮忙点样辛苦都无相干
- 你响我身边 我不再彷徨
- 我一切担当 你不会惊慌 (你可以心安)
- 最佳拍档 我地系
- 最佳拍档 永远系 最佳拍档
- S1-01's Maths blog is hitting the 200th post soon!!!! #ilike about 5 hours ago via web
- #ilike that piece of green tea cake... ah! about 5 hours ago via web
- #ifeel like not doing anything... but just to lazzzzzzz around about 16 hours ago via web
- #ifeel the breathing space... took down the mask... back to home, what a relief! about 16 hours ago via web
- #ithink through the repeated articulation of the FS@SG project, I seem to know the project even better... about 18 hours ago via mobile web
- #ifeel tired... physically... about 19 hours ago via mobile web
- #ifeel putting up a happy, cheerful & earnest mask for today... 7:16 AM May 22nd via mobile web
- #ifeel I lost 2 hours... only wake up at 6 am! breakfast, wash up, and getting ready for school... 7:01 AM May 22nd via mobile web
- #iwonder 何时，给人的印象是，“我闲着没事做”？ 也许，就应该什么都不做吧!想不通，连喘一下其都有人看不开！？唉！ 9:17 PM May 21st via web
- #ifeel 难过。失望。谷底。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。 9:11 PM May 21st via web
- #iwonder if I insists, wld I be seen as unreasonable? sigh..................................... 8:24 PM May 21st via mobile web
- #ienjoy twittering in the circle line... 7:22 PM May 21st via mobile web
- #iwish to skip another day! What if go straight to Sunday? Just let me zzzzz for 24h... 7:19 PM May 21st via mobile web
- #ifeel tired... to sleep? to start cooking the 2nd frog or what? 7:17 PM May 21st via mobile web about to cook the 2nd frog... 3:07 PM May 21st via web
- #ifeel 突然，我很想跳出那个框框。。。可以吗？也许，是累了。。。实在需要一个地方好好地休息把！ 3:05 PM May 21st via web
- #ithink I should start eating the 1st frog that was half-way down just now... 2:20 PM May 21st via web
- #ifeel... jerky... jerky... the roller coaster is moving up another peak.. will it get stalled there? or would it dive unexpectedly fast??? 2:17 PM May 21st via web
- #ifeel energy level... looooooooooooooooooooooooow... 12:52 PM May 21st via web
- #ifeel 一早，又马不停蹄。。。 #iwonder 今日，可忙里偷闲吗？ #ithink我，又在做白日梦？ 5:16 AM May 21st via web
- oh no! why "ultra-modern one-eyed creature" as the 2012 London Olympics? 11:04 PM May 20th via web
- 2 rounds of roller coaster dives... one more to go! Along the way, I have at least 2 overdue frogs #ifeel ??!!??!!?? 3:23 PM May 20th via web
- S1-01 Maths: Little Red Riding Hood Homework - You name wld appear in the blog within a day after submission http://tinyurl.com/2b8a3hl 5:13 AM May 20th via web
- the conference call was really an experience! Thanks for the opportunity! The 1st step means more good things to come! #ifeel good :D 7:02 PM May 19th via mobile web
- #ifeel relieved! A few things lined up & cleared... Thanks to all around that make it possible to take place smoothly... 6:59 PM May 19th via mobile web
- Done with ONE item... 5:37 AM May 19th via web
- 3 things to finish at home before I leave for work this morning!!! 4:04 AM May 19th via web
- #ifeel irritated & frustrated when others thought that threats work on me! #ibelieve I could do a better job even if it's last minute! 4:03 AM May 19th via web
- while #ihate myself for missing deadline, #ihate to be threatened! 8:47 PM May 18th via web
- Tomorrow's Wednesday! ah! the roller coaster is almost there! #ifeel anxious!!! Am I ready for the dive that's coming soon??? 7:50 PM May 18th via web
- #ifeel excited when think of 'talking' to fellow educators 'virtually' via iChat! It's my FIRST time! ;P 8:05 PM May 17th via web
- #ifeel excited... Though it was a trial, the 1st attempt of the conference call was exciting :D tomorrow will be dry run & wed's is for real 6:47 PM May 17th via mobile web
- #ithink it's a tough week ahead again. Off hand, already have 3 deadly deadlines... Oh! Even got cat life also not enough! Argr............. 7:07 AM May 17th via mobile web
- wake up. #iWonder why alarm sounded so early on a Sunday morning. Oops! It's Monday morning!!! 3:38 AM May 17th via mobile web
- unbelieveable! the volcanic ash has made its way to UK!!! oh no! no Europe trip this June holiday! 8:10 PM May 16th via web
- completed the analysis of yesterday's workshop and emailed out... 2 more emails to go (vendor and CorpComms)... and some follow-ups... 2:43 PM May 16th via web
- for a moment, they r back to their childlike self, act like a guest while they are supposed to be the host! 5:25 PM May 15th via mobile web
- #ifeel happy because things went smoothly for the workshops... The ambassadors, u did an excellent job! 5:23 PM May 15th via mobile web
- #ifeel relieved! The week just concluded... What a scary week! 5:21 PM May 15th via mobile web
- is done with the Parents workshop blog... only one... still constructing the one for this afternoon... reminded me of the ETD days.. hahaha 6:14 AM May 15th via web
- It's midnight rain again... #ifeel cooooooooool >.< 3:47 AM May 15th via web
- up at 3.30 am... To prepare the last item in this marathon week! What an action-packed week! 3:16 AM May 15th via mobile web
- #ifeel happy... Not just bahkwa, also crispy pork floss and donuts! :P 7:42 PM May 14th via mobile web
- #ifeel like getting bahkwa to celebrate! Hehehehehe..... 7:19 PM May 14th via mobile web
- #ifeel heartfelt thanks to the wonderful people around :D one hurdle done... 7:08 PM May 14th via mobile web
- at last... Done with that giganti frog... #ifeel what a relief! Thanks to all the supporting & understanding pple around me! 7:04 PM May 14th via mobile web
- #ifeel it's so hongkong drama-like this morning-afternoon! hahah... 8:07 PM May 13th via web
- #iwait to hear the news spread... make a tour before arriving at my ears again... 8:06 PM May 13th via web
- #ithink having 4 colours (white, black, brown, red) on the same head is a bit too much 6:40 PM May 13th via mobile web
wish tomoorow will not come. How I wish could skil one day in the calendar :( 6:06 PM May 13th via mobile web
- #ithink if they diallowed durian in mrt, maybe they should disallow curry that is not tightly sealed containers/ bags 6:05 PM May 13th via mobile web
- #iwonder which one goes wrong - pushmail feature or google? 5:45 PM May 13th via mobile web
- packed food from HQ canteen. New food. The chicken rice with chestnut not too bad. #ithink can be better 7:04 PM May 12th via mobile web
- went to HQ for briefing. Came across 'red pen'. #ilike 7:01 PM May 12th via mobile web
- #ihear lots of complaints about the schools & kids from younger teachers who are in the same mrt cabin... 6:59 PM May 12th via mobile web
- #ilike someone's using email like twittering... hahaha... @DC will know who this 'someone' is... hahahah.... 3:20 PM May 12th via web
- a friend commented "how to meet deadlines?" #ithink maybe can break major task into smaller tasks & create deadlines for smaller tasks... 4:44 AM May 12th via web
- #ilike越来越爱 #i series 7:06 PM May 11th via mobile web
- #ifeel some people are simply rude & arrogant by the look... R they really? Or they r rude & arrogant b'cos of their look? Whose fault? 7:03 PM May 11th via mobile web
- is holding on to the 2 boxes of mcwings for dinner... Hot & crispy. Yummy #ilike 7:00 PM May 11th via mobile web
- #ifeel happy because she will still see daylight when reached home. 6:57 PM May 11th via mobile web
- #ifeel that her available slots in May are filling up like hotcakes! 6:55 PM May 11th via mobile web
- #ithink it's time to do a comparison between ThinkQuest and GoogleSite next... 10:29 AM May 11th via web
- #isee SIngapore History could be so interesting and exciting!!! wow! Not just the Japanese & British, and even the Australians! 10:20 AM May 11th via web
- is having a good discussion about iPad with the SSTPioneers in Plurk now... 9:47 PM May 10th via web
- 突然，#iwonder, 活着，是为了什么？活着，是为了谁？那么，工作，是为了什么？工作，是为了谁？“活着”与“工作”，如何挂钩？它们，互相，有相干吗？ 8:29 PM May 10th via web
- @ooicy #ithink 就当今年我亏了一天好了。。。希望不会发生的事，唉！也许我又在发梦了。希望是个不必醒来的梦。唉，我又再逃避现实了。。。 7:53 PM May 10th via mobile web
- 今天已经过得七七八八。#ifeel 若可从来，我仍然选择不要过今天。。。 6:51 PM May 10th via mobile web
- @OOICY #ithink it's a good idea to come up with the series of #ithink, #isee, #iwonder, #ihear, #ifeel,... series... hehehehe... 11:50 AM May 10th via web in reply to OOICY
- 1st time in the recent years... #ifeel like not to step out of the house on a Monday morning 6:21 AM May 10th via web
- #iwonder if it's ok to plan any trip to the northern hemisphere in June. The iceland volcanic ashes seem to make its presence felt again :( 6:37 PM May 9th via web
- #iwonder Internet access has been slow intermittently. Is it Starhub's problem or is it the browsers' problem? ah! How come I lost patience? 6:20 PM May 9th via web
- #ifeel 家里有个小宝宝，可爱透了；当然，热闹非常。。。也成了紧张生后的调剂品。。。 6:03 PM May 9th via web
- Oops! Just discovered - Tags do not work with Chinese characters? 6:00 PM May 9th via web
- Yeah! Moving into number 1,901 tweets!!! New tags: #心情 (#ifeel) #慧眼看天下 (#isee) #反思 (#ireflect) 5:59 PM May 9th via web
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Yup, it's the farewell dinner for a colleague, who went through the thick and thin with us... was with us since the journey started beginning of last year when our office was still at NP. Someone who's very resourceful and fond of M&S' sour fish!
It was a great evening that was filled with laughter... which I think it turned out to be a memorable one, especially for a number of us... it's a celebration of friendship... though it's also a farewell gathering... well, it's always that moment of going... other than that... we are still in this little island :D
All the best... to Germaine and everyone at the dining table...
Oh yes! This is the Popular Lime Juice, I was told... and it tasted... Lime Juice + all the Lime Skin!!! Ah! It increased my heartbeat after 2 glasses!
Hahaha... those who were at the dining table, you know what I meant...
Sunday, May 02, 2010
I always proscastinate over this... while it's something simple to do... however, I simple hate to do it... as a result... the frog grows...
- Had a hard time finding a black T-shirt. Yes! Sounded so unbelievable, but it's true! And it happened to me! I mean, finding a black T-shirt that, at a look, will know that I'm from Black house.
- The last resort? Oh! EXCEL Fest T-shirts! Yes... I have two, one from 2005 and another from 2007. Have not worn them since the event day. Indeed, I kept them for good memories... in particular, the one from the 2005 EXCEL Fest. Thanks to Chai Noi, I was indirectly involved even before I flew back to Singapore. I was still in Paro when she engaged me in the discussion on the publicity talk that she was assisting the Principal for that occasion. That was my first mini-contribution to NAS before I returned to where I once called 'home'.
- The 2007 T-shirt was the showcase of some Mathematical Datalogger activities, with San Chye, Hong Pin and Weng Kit. Yup... the Maths team's public showcase of our work :D
(2) That familiar look (30 April 2010)
- A glimpse, he looked like him! It can't be, I know... but I just impose that imaginary face on that figure...
(3) CHICAGO the musical (1 May 2010)
- The musical brings me back to those lonely days when I was in Paro. It was shown several times in the TV... each time, I was watched that in the cold sitting room - to kill boredom, I think... but I slowly grew to like it...
Oh! Something's wrong??? OK... back to reality... but sometimes, it's really these that inject some energy to move forward...
"So how about a different set of 5Cs: care, concern, compassion, communication and contentment... Life in 21st century Singapore is stressful, but with the fress set of 5Cs, we may yet ake our days happy."
Traditional 5Cs are cash, car, credit card, condominium and country club membership.
Well, people are talking about Cs again! In fact, in the school we talked about 10Cs, that are traits and dispositions of a 21st century being! These are indeed survival skills that refocuses inward, something not directly achieveable with money.
The traditional 5Cs are 'famous' and they are the targets of many... (at least, I think I'm one of those weirdos who regarded them differently). Well, the traditional 5Cs are material - look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs chart, the traditional 5Cs addresses to the 1st and 2nd levels - physiological and safety needs - providing the base to the pyramid. Of course, one would argue that amongst the 5, majority belongs to the "good to have (i.e. want)" rather than "need" category. Indeed, if some of the "C"s fit into the esteem level, too! Of which some people exhibits their confidence, achievements, etc through indicators like country club membership! So, the definition of needs has changed over time... largely dependent on the society that one makes reference to.
If we look that these 5Cs closely, it's not difficult to conclude that a significant amount of effort is needed to sustain these 5Cs; and none of them is permanent. It requires on-going investment of effort and money - just to sustain (of course, to some, there's always room for improvement) when one could look forward upgrading themselves within each C.
On the other hand, the new emphasis, in responses to the need of the 21st century environment, seems to be something more lasting, as it's a skill set, a disposition, an attitude that is desireable for survival and integration into the 21st century community.
There are definitely more than the 5Cs that were suggested by the ST Reader. But just to pick a couple of them to think about:
- Care - It's care to oneself, care to others and care to the environment! People or the physical environment, the happenings around us - that also tells how bothered we are beyond self. One has to know that taking care of oneself is contributes to one's care to the love ones - to reciprocate to the care and concern, and love that others have showered on them. Relieving them from unnecessary worries is one way to show one's care to their love ones. In a way, concern is subsumed under care...
- Compassion - Goes beyond self. It's an attitude, demonstrated through one's responses to what they see or hear. Compassion has to come with an objective mind in order to trigger the appropriate/right reaction and impact. One who is blindly demonstrates and show compassion (when the heart overrules the mind) could worsen the situation and lead to negative consequences.
- Communication - Ability to communicate one's thought and feelings in an impactful manner to create/ trigger positive reactions/ responses. That is powerful. Sometimes, people with good intent failed to bring about the desired outcome because of poor communication skills - It's not about not being able to speak the language, but the emphasis and focus; and the tone! Communication is not just about words, it's the feeling element that goes with it that makes it powerful. The listener could feel the sincerity when one speaks from the heart.
- Contentment - I think, it's not so much of being contented or not, but it's one's ability to differentiate what's a good-to-have and a must-have. With regards to the good-to-haves, one has to further dwell into the varying degrees of good-to-have! A car could be a good-to-have, however, the kind of car one chooses is another added variable here, that sometimes masked the "good-to-have" as a "must-have". Quite often, I was asked if I could drive (especially by those who could drive). No, that's my standard answer, despite the fact that I learnt to drive. Well, I make a choice not to... People gave me a strange look and tried to convince me that it's a must to have (in the local context!). Hahah... but why? when the public transport system meets my need. Why do I need to stress myself up with the heavy traffic and the maintenance, etc. that come with the car!? Well, I'm contented with what I have.
Indeed, I might be making a bold statement, but, what I'm looking forward to is really the tip of the pyramid - self actualisation. It comes with a clear mind and the willingness to divorce from the good-to-haves... it's when one is freed from the material needs that ties one from giving (and in return receiving the satisfaction that is non-material)... Chim? Yes... It is... I'm still finding my path there... 若近若离。。。
Saturday, May 01, 2010
Today, 1 May, marked the beginning of the second 1/3 of the year. Two ways to look at it:
- We have covered 1/3 of the 2010 journey? or there's another 2/3 of the journey to carry on this year. Doesn't that sound familiar? Hahaha.... (have not reached the 1/2 glass water-mark yet)
Well, which one resonances more with me? I wonder... it does not only depend on the physcial self, but also the various entities around us... Yes, indeed, I think the latter had a greater impact on how we see things. Sometimes, a seemingly casual comment could change one's perspective and response to one's belief... of course, it also depends on who the listerner interprets. Sometimes, I wonder, is this meant to test one's AQ? Or maybe sometimes such casual remarks/ comments are meant to toughen one's belief?
Sometime ago, someone commented, "... you will soon working yourself out of the job..." Of course, there's a context to this. Indeed, I really don't know whether it's good news or bad news... It's mixed reaction. If I'm able to work myself out of the job, it means I'm successful in achieving the target that I set for myself before I joined the institution - my existence is no longer useful because what needs to be done are done, and all are now in reasonably good operation. Isn't that an indication of success? Hahahaha... it sounded chim? Think about it again... it does sound logical! So, I should work harder to meet my target - how much time left? One and a half year has gone, another half a year? 2.5 year? or 4.5 year?
Perhaps, to say it more correctly, I put myself at where I think I am able to create a positive impact and where my talents, strengths and skills are harnessed and put to good use. It's real cruelty to find myself no longer useful.
However, for Chicago, the first time I saw it was in TV! Yes, it was more than 5 years ago when I was in Bhutan (ironically)! I watched it several times ('cos there were a few repeated runs) all by myself in that cold dark sitting room... Yes, that was one of the premium entertainment I had then, in that little town... I grew from finding it so-so... to start liking it. It took me a little while to accept the context, indeed, which I found a bit ridiculous; however, nothing was impossible in US, I thought. The songs and dances were good (actually what else could I compare with?), not forgetting the strong cast, starring Richard Gere as Billy Flynn, Catherine Zeta-Jones as Velma Kelly and Renée Zellweger as Roxie Hart.
The story is a satire on corruption in the administration of criminal justice, and the concept of the "celebrity criminal". One of the "most ridiculous" notion is "celebrity criminal"! The integrity, ethical issues, etc. Or is it about survival in that society? I wonder.
Enjoyed the strong and powerful female vocals! Bravo! I've not heard such good singing (that I could sway and move along) for such a long long time! Though there wasn't fantastic props (indeed, it's one with the simplest prop-set), I enjoyed the strengths, the emotions that were conveyed through the vocals!
Of course, it's also one of that caught me with surprise, in terms of the costumes - yes... the dancers, be it men or women, dressed so sexily... and yes, they danced so seducively, too! hahaa...
Thanks to Deone Zanotto who played Velma Kelly and Sharon Millerchip who played Roxy Hart for the great afternoon :D