Saturday, March 31, 2007

Homecoming


When first time entered Ngee Ann after posted to HQ, the feeling is like returning to 2nd home, "回娘家"。Yes, I still treated that as my "娘家". I guess it's the "closelessness", the bond, over the years... yes, also the people who are still in the school.

It's 'homecoming' today, a day when the school invites ex-teachers and ex-students to come back to take a last look and feel of the school hall.

Yes, it was our pride when we first took over the building, more than 10 years ago, when we eventually moved into the building after squatting in another school for half a year. Will always remember the "寄人篱下"的感觉。Of course, the air-con hall was also one of the 'state-of-art' in the mid90s... it was one of the many reasons why we were invited to host events.

Today, we can still see the two 对联 that were put up in the official school suspending proudly at the back of the hall. At the back of the hall was also the 'media' control room, which was the last place I ventured to before leaving Ngee Ann in 2005... Yes, the first time there, to manage the presentation for the 2005 Founder's Day as well as the Graduation Day. Yes, that was also the first time I ventured to the backstage in more than 10 years with the school.


Something else also caught my eyes... the blue banners that were hanging on the pillars in the hall. Hey, those were my masterpieces for the 2002 Speech Day! Yes, the bubbles... hahaha... I'm so proud of it. Hm... yes, the 'footprints' I left behind...

Oh yes, will not forget the canteen stalls that I faithfully got my breakfast, lunch and snacks in my more-than-a-decade stay in the school. The ice-milo that I was almost addicted to... the yong-tau-foo stall that I almost always 打包 everyday.

Now, the hall is going, the canteen is going in May... in place will be a larger one, 5-6 level building that houses more facilities... memories...

No comments: