Saturday, May 01, 2010

Just reflecting...

Days just past so swiftly... sometimes, couldn't even figure out what's the day. Worse still, is this an even or odd week, often have to ask myself... wondering if I'm gone into the confusion mode or it's simply too much to keep up with... including where am I (with reference to time zone).

Today, 1 May, marked the beginning of the second 1/3 of the year. Two ways to look at it:
  • We have covered 1/3 of the 2010 journey? or there's another 2/3 of the journey to carry on this year. Doesn't that sound familiar? Hahaha.... (have not reached the 1/2 glass water-mark yet)

Well, which one resonances more with me? I wonder... it does not only depend on the physcial self, but also the various entities around us... Yes, indeed, I think the latter had a greater impact on how we see things. Sometimes, a seemingly casual comment could change one's perspective and response to one's belief... of course, it also depends on who the listerner interprets. Sometimes, I wonder, is this meant to test one's AQ? Or maybe sometimes such casual remarks/ comments are meant to toughen one's belief?

Sometime ago, someone commented, "... you will soon working yourself out of the job..." Of course, there's a context to this. Indeed, I really don't know whether it's good news or bad news... It's mixed reaction. If I'm able to work myself out of the job, it means I'm successful in achieving the target that I set for myself before I joined the institution - my existence is no longer useful because what needs to be done are done, and all are now in reasonably good operation. Isn't that an indication of success? Hahahaha... it sounded chim? Think about it again... it does sound logical! So, I should work harder to meet my target - how much time left? One and a half year has gone, another half a year? 2.5 year? or 4.5 year?

Perhaps, to say it more correctly, I put myself at where I think I am able to create a positive impact and where my talents, strengths and skills are harnessed and put to good use. It's real cruelty to find myself no longer useful.

No comments: