Sunday, November 09, 2008

Coronation of the King

The hottest topic in Bhutan in these couple of weeks would be the coronation of the 5th king. Yes, this morning, there's an almost full page write-up (with a photo) about the grand occasion.

Just went to Kuenselonline... and the quote attracted my attention:
"I will never rule you as a King. I will protect you as a parent, care for you as a brother and serve you as a son. I have no personal goals other than to fulfill your hopes and aspirations. I shall always serve you, day and night, in the spirit of kindness, justice and equality.” said his Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck, the 5th king.

I'm touched and inspired by the selfless promise! A very humble and touch-the-heart message from the 28-year-old King. The Bhutanese are really lucky and blessed...

Had the honour to meet the then crown Prince in 2005 at NIE Paro. He carried no air with him - in that few minutes of talk... Yes, the impression was great!

Click HERE to see more from KuenselOnline

No comments: