Thursday, March 24, 2011

Honesty...

This morning, went to the vegetarian store to da-bao my lunch. Had not patronise this store for more than 2 years. Asked for 2 pieces of fried veg, yes, a little like tempura but it's sinfully coated with fried flour. Then I noticed that the hawker actually put in 4 pieces instead of 2 (I wonder why?)

She handed the pack to me and said, "Usually they come in larger pieces. Because today they are a bit small, I'm giving you 2 pieces for every one piece you order."

I was pleasantly surprise! She needed not do that - especially when nobody knows!
What made her voluntarily picked up the extra piece?
Her conscience has told her, "Do what's right. That's value!"

Yes, honesty counts!
Compare a near retirement-age auntie who has probably did not complete her primary school and a group of "highly educated".
There's something fair to all... it does not come with education. It's about what one values!

No comments: