Monday, March 14, 2011

EarthQuake in Japan (11 March 2011)

It's not the first time in the recent year that there's reports of earthquakes... Indonesia is one of those countries that's frequently hit by earthquake in the recent years... similarly, there's China and also the recent New Zealand... and further away in the other part of the globe... In fact, it's not new to hear earthquakes hit Japan... however, it's not as disastrous, and impactful as this one... which partly because it's the coastal area being widely affected; what's worse, it's hit by the tsunami. Now, it's followed by the explosions of the nuclear plants. In fact, I think the damages are beyond imagination.

In fact, it did not quite sink in in me after a while. It happened that, I was on medical leave that day; so saw the news at the ChannelNewsAsia website. Just like the one in 2005 December, the first known "bad enough" tsunami hit southeast asia, in particular, Thailand. That time, I was in Paro. But I heard (saw) about it via BBC, which kept me company in those winter nights.

I guess I heart went to those at the affected places... in particular those at the coastal areas because it was just than 12 months ago, I was there for a week - in June, with Karen, Linda and Alice... and we had quite a bit of fun over there... it's also one of those trips that I dared a more dangerous 'stunt' - went out for the boat ride! I still recall those rocky waves of the sea where we held tight to the side of the boat!


Also, the beautiful sunrise that I recorded and did up that very morning...


Here's the GoogleMap that documented where we visited...


View 2010 Tohoku, Japan in a larger map

Here's the Tohoku blog I created for the trip...
http://lohky-tohoku.blogspot.com/p/on-google-map.html

No comments: