Saturday, September 25, 2010

What makes you look forward to go to....?

Haha... let me generalise the question... it applies to almost everything:

"What makes you look forward to go to....?"
  • meet up with new faces?
  • meet up with old friends?
  • talk to somebody?
  • work?
  • to go school
  • the class?
  • attend the meeting?
  • shopping?
  • a place that we are familiar with? (this is rather event-based)
  • a place that we never been to?
  • a place that we have gone so many times?

Haha.. there are unlimited ways to fill up the rest of the question... I guess the key is the first part of the question and 3 key words "look forward to"

Let me make an attempt to answer some of these questions... but these answers could change over time. Indeed, what does that tell us? The response is very much dependent on one's emotion, passion, and feeling at the point of answering the question. The response could just change in the next second... of course, some of these responses are 'beliefs' and therefore, they are here to stay for quite sometime, until some factors that is 'strong' enough to change it... (at varying extend). Responses could come direct from the heart, it could aslo be some politically correct responses. Oh! Human beings are simply.... complex!!!!

  • meet up with new faces because it's an extension of network... I know the opportunities these new faces come with...
  • meet up with old friends because friends are hard to come-by... and what's more... friendship that lasted more than 10 years. It's not a given and we must not take for granted.
  • talk to somebody because of the richness of the interaction, I get to hear from another perspective... it's how a frog breathes fresh air beyond the well...
  • work because there's where I could make my dreams come true, that's where I contribute to the growth of the society, to mankind through little means and effort that I could afford. I make an impact in what I do - big or small.
  • to go school because I get to hear something different from what I 'preach' at work, I get to hear from other perspectives, I get to know how people's experiences were different from mine.
  • the class because there's where I re-live the days I learn, but in the
  • attend the meeting because I know I'm going to get wisdom over the next couple of hours, I know I'm going to hear new ideas, it's embedding with opportunities.
  • shopping because that's the most immediate way for me to relax and unstress!
  • a place that we are familiar with? (this is rather event-based)
  • a place that we never been to... love the mystery and uncertainty... (as long as I've factored in the essential before setting off)
  • a place that we have gone so many times... because of great memories... for instance, I love London, not because I'm not tired with the 'time-stand-still' scenery, but it was the good memories I had with the different people I was with for different occasions... I treasure those 'time-stand-still' memories :)

No comments: