Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last day at Level 14

The day has come... It's a day when... once in a while I looked forward to, especially at the beginning of the year when I was frustrated, when I felt my effort all gone to waste, when I felt as if I fell from great heights & when I felt I lost my pride(!)... yes, could imagine myself crawling out desperately... Ha... sounds cartoon? But that's how I felt...

Just 2 days ago, someone padded on my shoulder, smilingly asked, 'Are U happily counting down?' Anyway, its a sincere voice... I could fel it... I guess she expected a quick 'Yes!' Hm... well, maybe I had disappointed her, my answer was 'mixed feelings'... ah... to quote what SC likes to say 'Yes & No'...

On one hand, think of small parcels of excitement on the way! New challenges & rare opportunities! Aren't these things I hope to be engaged in? (as I shared with a good friend) Hm... yes, frankly, I dislike having to take over a job from someone when it's not properly handed over (which is quite common!). In a way, my wish comes true! Of course, I'm happy :D

On the other hand, human beings are sentiment 'creatures' and could quickly develop feelings... to a place, to whom he meets, the encounters! It's kind of difficult (if not impossible) to divorce from sentiments & feeling... I do have some good times here, too... frankly, true good times... I do miss people and other things here...

In fact, the feeling of walking into the Level 14 office would be very different 'cos another layer of unfamiliarility is going to start 'thickening'... the next time I come back... I'm a guest? Well, I've been uprooted...

- posted from train, on my way to office (morning)...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last bag of goodies that I bring to level 14... It took me more than 3 hours the night before to get them ready...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the lounge at Level 5... where I had most of my work review sessions - with Sai Choo, Poh Heng & Adeline...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sally's corner... where I got addicted to its Potato Salad and Green Salad... Ah! My last lunch in HQ... yes, bought it from here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: