Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The best "cloth" meeting the worst "tailor"

It's wonderful that more and more shops are offering the gift wrapping service during the festive season! Great! It really saves the shopper's time to think what wrapping paper to get and how to go about 'dressing up' the gift. Of course, at the same time, the shop could also advertise via its 'customised' wrapping papers.

Well, went to Watson the other day to shop for a Christmas gift. Thought its wrapping paper was pretty colourful! So, of course won't give the service a miss! However, as I looked at how the gift was wrapped (I would say - how it was taped), the more I regretted... what a waste of resources!
Well, some friends commented that I kind-of-a-fussy... indeed, I am... but I do accept imperfection.. as far as it's reasonably ok... On the other hand, when it comes to gift wrapping - the purpose is really to get the present dressed up nicely. See, the key word is nicely! The way my present dressed is - good cloth in the hands of the worst tailor! This is something really unforgivable! I think, it's also the pride the 'tailor' has in her work! More doesn't mean better! All the basic principles of gift wrapping were missing!!! The last straw was really taping the ribbon on the wrong side!!!


So, I ended up unwrapping the entire gift gingerly... and to reuse the wrapping paper (which I thought it was a waste to throw it away), a number of folders have to be introduced! Well, it's not difficult at all to wrap something that's simple!

After transformation...

No comments: