Friday, November 23, 2007

My Work Station

  • Yes, this is my work station... on the left is my tablet while on the right is the PC. Well, most of the time, the tablet is switched on while the PC is put to sleep... why? speed is the key reason... then, it's also more convenient - when it comes to retrieving files from hard disk, local server, or even the recycle bin! Oh yes, recently, realised I've been visiting the trash quite frequently!
  • What else surround me? Papers pinned on the fabricated partition... that supposedly remind me of info available...
  • The very very heavy table lamp. That's seldom switched on... I think the last time was... (Oops! can't even recall!)
  • Oh yes, notice in the first photo there are 2 orangy stuff? OK, the orange pencil case - a gift from my Bhutanese students. It's not only good to touch... yes, I like cotton materials basically, but always feel the warmth :D
  • The orange 'table cloth' - also a gift from them... That will keep my tablet covered when it stays overnight at the office :D Yes, they keep me company and reminded me of them :D
  • This is the 2nd bottle I have here... Lost the first one when brought to edutorium for a briefing last year... forgetful!!! The water bottle that's always filled in the morning :D
  • See the diary? That records the "To-Do" lists for each day... the most satisfying thing to do is to put a tick against each item at the end of the day. Of course, I also record the notes of meetings/discussions there!



  • Notice the photo beside the PC? It's one of the nicest ones I took in Barcelona. It's a Sunday morning where the street is filled with people... There! I spotted a street artist. The paintings were beautiful, but remember ganna chased away for just snapping pictures without buying!
  • Another photo-frame lookalike thing beside the water bottle is the 2008 calendar by Discovery Centre... looks cute :D
  • The National flag... Yes, red and white, a crescent with 5 stars - one that I'm proud of :D Got this during the National Day celebration this year.
  • There are also souvenirs brought back by colleagues... like the one "必胜" from Timothy... Oh yes, hang on to the fighting spirit!
  • What else are featured prominently on my desk? OK... Food! Food! Food! hahaha... chocolates, biscuits, and even pork floss and bak-gua!

No comments: