Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fined by NLB? Oops! I remember!

Fines, fines, fines... Singapore is a "fine" city... Oh yes, I remember! and I'm reminded just recently!

Was reading the newspaper article the other day - ok, it's more like a complaint - that the writer owed the National Library $0.20 many years back and recently received a reminder to pay up the fine! And she had to undergo so much hassle (though asking her daughter to run the errands for her!)

Immediately, I mind said, "Oops!" that reminded me of the long-time fine that was yet paid up. Yep, of 2 books borrowed for my 2nd Paris trip! Oops! That was how many years back? It amounted up to less than $2.00. Why did I owe $??? Well, it's not because I don't want to pay, but the 'payment' system did not accept the mode of payment. Strange? Unbelievable!!!! In Singapore, we have problem paying??? Yes!!! When in the public library that librarians no longer handle cash???? The library only accepted cash card then... So, poor me tried with several NLBs but of not avail... and was further told my the librarians not to be worry!

Was on my way home... "Will I receive the notification?" I wondered.
Indeed, it's so 'efficient' that it appeared before my eyes when I entered the house!
Oops... no change, still have to go through cash card! Sigh!

No comments: