Wednesday, December 07, 2022

The Moon


The moon tonight is round and bright... simple yet beautiful.

Obviously, my phone camera has not done justice to it. 

Evenings, I would look out to find the moon. 

Sometimes, it's "blur"... is another kind of soothing beauty. 

Regrettably, I only learnt to appreciate the moon when I was in Paro - an accidental encounter - when my late friend, Karma Wangchuk brought me to the attend a local ritual at night. 

It was known to be the only lady with a torch in Paro town as I always walked with my torch on when darkness came... especially in the late afternoon during the winter. All the locals had no trouble walking in the dark... in other words, no one in the town would get noticed in the dark except me. Still, I did not learn to appreciate the moon till when I was in the village attending the ritual (after the dinner).

The villagers were supposed to walk across the field to carry out some rituals. Oh! None of them carry the torch... because, the field was brightly lined up by the moon! That was the first time I found the moon so amazing! It was amazing bright! Beautiful. 

From that instance, I learnt that the moon is no longer insignificant (which I had that idea because it is only visible because of the sun). I feel the warmth that embraces it! 

Since, no matter where I go, especially when I'm overseas, I will look up to find the moon.

Yes, that's the "common" er... same moon that we see from anywhere on the earth... it also serves to connect us with each other... 

Thanks, Karma!

No comments: