Saturday, September 01, 2018

Collection of Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh


Sunflowers... I knew the painting was by Vincent Van Gogh.
I thought there was only ONE Sunflowers painting... till I visited Amsterdam's Van Gogh Museum... when I was totally fascinated by the work of the Van Gogh and learnt about drafts and various versions that artists would make when they painted; and Sunflowers was one of those that came in a series! Then I learnt, from the museum website that there were 5 versions that are located in 5 different museums, and there was a virtual 'gathering' of all 5 united in one of the Facebook events. How timely! So, I thought there were FIVE Sunflowers paintings... till I visited the wikipedia website, then I learnt there were actually SEVEN of them! (not including those that featured cut-sunflowers!).

Happy that I've gathered all 7 images. Yeah!

For its background and history... I shall not talk about it here as it's more well elaborated and talked about in some websites that are specially dedicated to this art master! What I wish to... is to share my joy of gathering them under one 'page' :)












No comments: