Sunday, September 30, 2018

Playgrounds: Gradually, it has evolved....

It's pretty interesting to see how playgrounds have evolved over time.

In those days when the equipment/ structures were made of wood and metal poles.
What stood out most is the sand - that would without fail, got into the feet through any little pores it could find in the shoes. I dislike that uncomfortable feel. That explained why I hardly fancy any playground, though I loved the feel when the swing brought me up the sky. Er... not the see saw, when most of the time, I was the one who held others up (at the other end).

Took a picture of this - before it disappears soon, I believe... by then, I would not see anymore sand but other rubbery materials that supposed to do the job of the sand, to soften the impact of the fall from the height.



See, the wooden planks of the swings are now replaced by a rubber ring net. Hm... supposed to give more space to hold the bottom? 








No comments: