Saturday, April 07, 2018

The Play: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Just realised that I've not put up a single post in 2017!
And this is the first post since December 2016 😁

It's the first time, I think, or it's after so many years that I would have forgotten, that I watched a play - a play without any sound or music, a play that's fully conversation.

Chanced upon this play when I was 'wandering' at Sistic website - yes, it's been quite a long time I've not gone for more cultural stuff.

I've not read about this book, but the introduction of the show (in the website) came with long impressive accolades.

I did not expect myself gotten the ticket in one of those long weekends that I would drag my feet out of the house; well, after watching the show, I think my afternoon time was well-spent :)

I enjoyed the show. I enjoyed the stage effects. It's a cube with three walls filled with grids!
And of course, the performance of the cast, in particular, the core character, Christopher Boone, who has with him the Asperger syndrome. As I watch the character more closely, I started to connect his character with some youths whom I know. I guess, I am now more aware of the frustration they faced; or perhaps I now better understand why sometimes they tend to press on our hot buttons...

Something which I found very unique of this play was its conclusion, which ended with solving a Math problem!





No comments: