Sunday, December 27, 2015

Morning Walks...

One of the greatest achievement of this year-end holiday is about resuming the "walking" business on a daily basis, which I think the last time I did it so regularly, almost on a daily basis was more than 15 years ago, and that time, it was evening walks most of the time, where I was highly stressed up and the clear oxygenated-mind helped me to make an important decision.


Only started in early December and so far, except mornings that I have to leave early for work, I would make it a point to commit 50 minutes to walking, taking over 5500 steps :)

Indeed, it's quite cooling behind the sun starts to work her way up to the sky, showing off her golden rays :) It's also a pretty beautiful experience to see how the sky transforms from total darkness to full brightness.


Some interesting observations picked up over the past 3 weeks include:
  • It is actually quite a pleasant surprise that walking is as popular as 'jogging' which I used to associate the morning activities with "jogs" only.
  • It is common to see "lone" joggers and walkers in the morning :)  Of course, we also see couples (young & elderly), as well as friends (usually two) who exercise together.
  • Seeing some regular faces - without fail will meet them every morning (as my morning timing does not differ much. The more regular ones actually do slow jogging (which I refrain from jogging but walking instead). There are not that many regular faces, less than ten.
  • The one who looked like Dr Lee - hahahhaa... remember what I said in the earlier post, I had never saw my dentist's face 100% - he is always 'half-masked'. So, that's my imagination from the hairstyle! Well, this look-alike does not seem to be a regular. Had disappeared after seeing him a couple of times - maybe, he's away for holidays since it's the year-end vacation period.
  • There's this elderly man who would appear after 6.45 am, also not as regular as I initially thought. He would sat at the bench facing the canal, right in front the flats. What left an impression was once, he actually took out a harmonica and blew his heart out in the early hours at around 7 am. That was the only one time I heard the tunes from the harmonica. In that morning, I counted... The tune went as far away as 100 steps from the source! He probably had not practised till he could 千里传音 yet. Hahaha.... No more harmonica this morning. Why? Hm....  
  • Up to now, I saw around 5 different dogs that would accompany their owners for the morning jogs & walks (at varying degrees). I wonder who pushes/ motivates who, sometimes :)
  • Scary stuff in the darkness (before the sun rises)? Well, it's really up to our imagination! Once I saw a huge 'object' in white moving along the canal... with the gentle breeze, I could see the white cloth moved (ok, quite a sizeable amount). As I brisk walk nearer... hahaha... It's a huge-size man in a long loose white baju! 
With the ECO Green Park along the opposite side the canal, morning calls of the birds are common.
Looking at the birds flying pass or resting on the trees... a nice way to start a busy day...


No comments: