Only started in early December and so far, except mornings that I have to leave early for work, I would make it a point to commit 50 minutes to walking, taking over 5500 steps :)
Indeed, it's quite cooling behind the sun starts to work her way up to the sky, showing off her golden rays :) It's also a pretty beautiful experience to see how the sky transforms from total darkness to full brightness.
Some interesting observations picked up over the past 3 weeks include:
- It is actually quite a pleasant surprise that walking is as popular as 'jogging' which I used to associate the morning activities with "jogs" only.
- It is common to see "lone" joggers and walkers in the morning :) Of course, we also see couples (young & elderly), as well as friends (usually two) who exercise together.
- Seeing some regular faces - without fail will meet them every morning (as my morning timing does not differ much. The more regular ones actually do slow jogging (which I refrain from jogging but walking instead). There are not that many regular faces, less than ten.
- The one who looked like Dr Lee - hahahhaa... remember what I said in the earlier post, I had never saw my dentist's face 100% - he is always 'half-masked'. So, that's my imagination from the hairstyle! Well, this look-alike does not seem to be a regular. Had disappeared after seeing him a couple of times - maybe, he's away for holidays since it's the year-end vacation period.
- There's this elderly man who would appear after 6.45 am, also not as regular as I initially thought. He would sat at the bench facing the canal, right in front the flats. What left an impression was once, he actually took out a harmonica and blew his heart out in the early hours at around 7 am. That was the only one time I heard the tunes from the harmonica. In that morning, I counted... The tune went as far away as 100 steps from the source! He probably had not practised till he could 千里传音 yet. Hahaha.... No more harmonica this morning. Why? Hm....
- Up to now, I saw around 5 different dogs that would accompany their owners for the morning jogs & walks (at varying degrees). I wonder who pushes/ motivates who, sometimes :)
- Scary stuff in the darkness (before the sun rises)? Well, it's really up to our imagination! Once I saw a huge 'object' in white moving along the canal... with the gentle breeze, I could see the white cloth moved (ok, quite a sizeable amount). As I brisk walk nearer... hahaha... It's a huge-size man in a long loose white baju!
Looking at the birds flying pass or resting on the trees... a nice way to start a busy day...