Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Firsts in SST...

Nowadays, we hardly print our Notes of Meetings... and this file came to sight as I was packing the stuff for this December 'house-moving'. It was clearly labelled the EXCO meetings NOMs, which in fact, had all the old documents being filed, including our very first NOM in 2008, as well as the SOPs for school's milestones in the infantry stage. The file was one of those that I used while still in HQ - yes, one of those brown paper file that I used while still with ETD in 2008... and at that point, I was "moonlighting" at SST. Well, took pictures of these before shredding those documents. Indeed, quite a lot of flashbacks...


Here's the very first EXCO meeting, with the first EXCO team, 'expanded' from the 2-men village. Oh yes, I remember Mr Chua liked saying, that's all he had in the 'village' (and in fact, all were not officially with the school yet). Shall I say, it's the actual pioneer team? Hm... How many still around...
Despite of having to put in lots of hard work and having experienced many ups and downs... I must admit, it's a very enriching experience which I personally gained a lot of insights along the way while I also have contributed significantly to the foundation years of the school. I'm still very proud being a member of this team :)


The first milestone we had, on 3 March, exactly one year that the school was announced by form Education Minister, Mr Tharman. It's the MOU with NTU and Ngee Ann Polytechnic, which binds the 3 institutions more closely. Oh yes, it's also the first time I took up the role of the emcee of such important event. Haha... Thanks to my buddy Ching Ya who got me out of my shell :) Thanks for the encouragement too!


Here's another milestone when we did our first outreach at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, that we engaged a few hundreds of the curious and enthusiastic P6 students, and I'm sure a number of our pioneers participated in this event.

No comments: