Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Perfect Park

by Leon Sooi (HCI)

One of those animation clips that are showcase at the Esplanade.

Pretty interesting way of posting a question: Are we trying to strive perfectionist outcome within the imperfect environment?

The very first impression was, the driver was a perfectionist; however, in an unrealistic situation. While the cars around him were imperfectly parked, how was he going to strive for perfect parking?

Tried to draw some parallel... have I been a perfectionist in an unrealistic situation? There is no doubt, to a large extent, I'm a perfectionist... however, depending on situation. Just 2 days ago, I exclaimed, "It's a glaring error!" when checking an A1 poster meant for people who are not within the school community. Immediately, I got reactions from my neighbour. Haha... well, well, well, if they know it's meant for the public and the mistake was one on the sub-heading, would they still react in surprise? These days, have learnt to close one eye... and yes, more mistakes were surfaced along the way... so, I'm not really that demanding... having said that, I think, it largely depends on the context, too.

No comments: