Sunday, November 07, 2010

Korean Drama Craze

I'm not a big fan of the Korean drama.

However, I must admit that it's kindof difficult to 'quit' once started one episode - regardless it's the 1st episode, or somewhere half-way!

I guess I'm not a 'fan' because I'm fully aware that it's 'untouchable' else, would ended up spending hours to race through the "drama marathon" - it's going to be difficult to calm the "urge'"! hahaha... sounded like a contagious disease.

Well, once in a while, I do get myself caught in such disease - when I happen to laze around at home on a weekend afternoon.

So, what's this "Korean Drama Craze" about?
  • Indeed, I think one of the attractions is the storyline that's 'too real' to be true... So far, at least for those contemporary drama that I watched... there's this element of "unreality" in them. I think that's where we seek to unwind (er... escape!) in an unreal world
  • The ways the scripts were written and said are pretty different from the 'real world' yet it sounded comfortable to the ears.
  • Oh yes, the characters in the story... too unreal yet somehow sought-after in our dreams!
  • and something that's a must to-have: Good looking leads! You just wanted to look twice or thrice, and more! haha... the look that 'engages' the viewers
  • And there are lots and lots of tears, ah! their expression of frustration and anger! and the one powerful feature I notice - their eyes, where emotions were portrayed. Oh yes! The heart and soul are portrayed through the eyes! So, that's a must 'quality' of any successful Korean star! (I guess)

One of the dramas that I'm following now...

No comments: