Friday, July 10, 2009

The Ordeal (29 May - 11 July 2009)

29 May 2009, 5.45 pm @ Boon Lay MRT Station - received a call from mum
"Your dad has fainted, waiting for the ambulance. Going to the hospital soon. Come to the hospital direct."

SMSes tell...
  • Me to YK: At hospital already. Doc doing checking. Will let u know when there's update.
  • YK to Me: OK. Can he talk? Is any of his limbs immobilised?
  • Me to YK: Don't know yet. Still checking. Not gotten the chance to ask doc. Mum inside the waiting area. Only 1 visitor allowed.
  • YK to Me: Ok
  • Me to YH: Just to let u know, dad has been admitted to Changi hospital. I'm with mum. U cook dinner yourself. Will let u know after doc has checked.
  • YH to Me: Yes. A neighbour just told me that our father has fainted and mother taken to hospital. I have finished my dinner. Thanks.
  • Me to YH & YK: Update: According to doc, generally he looks ok, no symptom of stroke. However scan shows a brain blood vessel bursted. Cld be due to overly high blood pressure or some swell. They asking neurosurgeon to come & chk
  • YH to Me: OK. Thanks for ur information about our dad. Hope that he feels very well.
  • YK to Me: Phew! Pls share with me your observation after you see him. Thanks.
  • Me to YK: Noted.
  • Me to YH & YK: Saw dad, in a daze. Neurosurgeon commented there's fluid & blood in head. Need surgery to remove. 5% danger if infection. If don't operate, wld become dangerous. Mum signed doc already. Doc will chk further to see if he cld proceed for surgery.
  • YH to Me: OK. Shocked that dad is very weak and daze. Hope to better operate. Do you know brother about dad?

30 May 2009:

  • Me to YK: For info, dad looks ok... He wasn't aware went thro' op. Anyway, mum explained to him. She is keeping him company. Still in the surgical ICU. Ward 33 Bed 12A.
  • YK to Me: OK. Thanks.
  • Me to YH: You at home? We are buying dinner home.
  • YH to Me: Yes. I am at home. OK.

31 May 2009:

  • Me to YK: U on the way home?
  • YK to Me: Yes.
  • Me to YK: In S'pore?
  • YK to Me: Anything?
  • YK to Me: Eta 6 pm
  • Me to YK: No lah...
  • Me to YK: Ok... We r at hospital reception area.
  • YK to Me: I will go there directly after i clear custom.. Ard 6.
  • Me to YK: OK. We'll meet u at the hospital.
  • YK to Me: K.
  • YK to Me: Cleared custom. Will reach at 7.
  • Me to YK: OK.

1 June 2009:

  • Me to YH: We are coming home first then see dad.
  • YH to Me: I am on the way by my colleague car to my home now
  • Me to YH: OK. Mum & I in brother's car, on the way home. We come home then go to see dad together.
  • YK to Me: We wait for u at the foodcourt.
  • Me to YK: ok
  • YK to Me: Call me when coming down. The foodcourt is closing.
  • Me to YK: OK
  • Me to YK: Am coming down...

2 June 2009:

  • YH to Me: I'm back at home after 7 pm and also dinner at home.
  • Me to YH: OK.
  • Me to YH & YK: Father is now at woard 26 Bed 19 Level 6 - lift B

6 June 2009:

  • YK to Me: We go hospital at 8am tomorrow? best timing to catch doctor.
  • Me to YK: OK, u come to pick us up.
  • YK to Me: OK. I call u when reach.

7 June 2009:

  • Me to YH: U still at home? Want us to get lunch for you?
  • YH to Me: Yes. I am at home now. Ok. U'll buy for lunch me?
  • Me to YH: ok
  • YH to Me: Are u still way to home? I am hungry now.

8 June 2009:

  • Me to YK: Just to let you know, we r downstairs.
  • YK to Me: Me still at the 3rd floor waiting area.
  • Me to YH: Just to let you know, dad has been transferred to the ICU again (Ward 33, Bed 15), because of lung infection.
  • YH to Me: OK. Thanks. I'll be there tonight.
  • Me to YH: OK
  • Me to YH: Brother has gone back to rest. He has left the visitor pass with me. U sms me when here. I'll bring the pass down.
  • YH to Me: I'm reaching there about 6.30 pm. See u later. Ok.
  • Me to YH: OK
  • Me to YH: After you registered, come to food court where we had lunch that afternoon. Mum & me at the foodcourt.
  • YH to Me: Is mum at home for cooking dinner tonight. If she is not.

9 June 2009:

  • YK to Me: What time r u going to the hospital?
  • Me to YK: U on the way here?
  • YK to Me: Yes. 10 min.
  • Me to YK: OK
  • Me to YH: She's not cooking. We are still at hospital. U want to eat outside? Father's condition is stable.
  • YH to Me: Ok. No plm. Thanks. I'll going to hospital there later.
  • Me to YH: Ok
  • YH to Me: Is dad same ward 33 bed 15?
  • Me to YH: Yes, same place.
  • YH to Me: I am in food court. Where are they now?
  • Me to YH: U eat first. We r upstairs at level 3 lobby.
  • Me to YH: After eating, you can get the pass. There is 1 more pass at counter.
  • YH to Me: I just here level 3. Where are you now?

13 June 2009:

  • YH to Me: I am going out for my own lunch now
  • Me to YH: Father has moved to Ward 39 Bed 11
  • YH to Me: Ok. Thank u.
  • Me to YK: Hi, mum & me go home first. Dad sleeping soundly :D Ward 39, Bed 11
  • YK to Me: Good. Thanks.

15 June 2009:

  • YH to Me: I am going to dad in hospital now.
  • Me to YH: OK
  • Me to YH: I went this afternoon already. Am on my way home after some shopping.
  • YH to Me: Ok. I am going to hospital and get register for visitor pass later. Is mum still around?
  • YH to Me: Is mother cooking at home tonight?
  • Me to YH: Yes
  • YK to Me: U at the hospital?

16 June 2009:

  • YK to Me: Fatther has been transferred to ward 25 bed 27
  • Me to YK: Noted. U at hospital? Am quite exhausted. Not going this evening.
  • YK to Me: Me went there this pm. Will go again if I finish my work early.
  • Me to YK: OK. Am on leave tomorrow. Will go then.

17 June 2009:

  • YH to Me: Is dad still in hospital now?
  • Me to YH: Yes. He's in new ward. Ward 25, Bed 27. Went to see him this afternoon. Think brother going tonight.
  • YH to Me: Ok. I am going to dad in hospital now.
  • Me to YH: Ok. We are cooking dinner.

18 June 2009:

  • YK to Me: Have U applied for the maid lesson?
  • Me to YK: Applied for Singpass yesterday.
  • Me to YK: Where r u? At hospital?
  • YK to Me: OK.
  • YK to Me: Just left hospital. Now at the maid agency at eastpoint.
  • Me to YK: Everything should be ready by end next wk. In shuttle to hospital.
  • YK to Me: Ok. Me now selecting a maid who seems to be too good to be true.
  • Me to YK: Haha...
  • Me to YK: Want me to hop by. M done :D

19 June 2009:

  • YK to Me: U coming to hospital?
  • Me to YK: Yes. Waiting for shuttle now
  • YK to Me: K. Call me when u reach. I pass the pass to u.
  • Me to YK: OK

23 June 2009:

  • Me to YK: U saw dad today already? Just reached hospital. He's sleeping quite soundly.
  • YK to Me: Ya. Seems to be good. Can check w staff nurse - Jasmine how is his test today
  • YK to Me: Did u manage to find out anything from the nurse?
  • Me to YK: Another nurse updated tt he'll still tube feed, but can introduce thickened fluid. Today he walked along the corridor without any supporting equipm., with the OT & PT beside him. Tomorrow 3.30 pm mum will be there to learn how to bathe him.

27 June 2009:

  • Me to YK: FYI, speech therapist called after scan. said dad could eat already. Mum had cooked porridge :D As usu, We r at hospital now.
  • YK to Me: Great. Will see him tonight.
  • Me to YK: OK

29 June 2009:

  • Me to YK: U coming over to hospital tonight?
  • YK to Me: On e way.
  • Me to YK: Dad at St Andrew Bed 814
  • YK to Me: K.

3 July 2009:

  • YK to Me: R u visiting dad?
  • Me to YK: No. On my way home.
  • YK to Me: K.
  • Me to YK: Today's a bit late. U there?
  • YK to Me: No. On my way.

10 July 2009: Finally, discharged from hospital.

No comments: