Sunday, September 07, 2008

Singapore Flyer... 新加坡摩天轮

Each time I passed by the Singapore Flyer at night (while travelling along the ECP), I could not resist, but keep my head up to follow the flyer... as the car made its turn on the expressway... until it's out of sight.

I'm proud that what Singapore has is something that looks so elegant though it's gigantic. Yes, I saw many flyers or gigantic ferriwheels overseas - those in Japan, Taiwan, Paris, London, etc... Among those... the only one that captured my attention was the London Eye. Yes. I almost persuaded Shoo Soon to go for the London Eye when visited London the 2nd time... until Keith showed us a better place to get the bird's eye view across River Thames... Yes, overseeing the river and the modern Tate from level 20+ (@ Millbank)! Yeap, that's much higher than the London Eye... But I was still very much captivated by its majestic look... though no longer the desire to 'fly' with it...



So, this time, took advantage of the offer to education officers when we got a complimentary ticket to go up the (currently) highest flyer in the world! Also a family outing... Yes, it's a good one :D The flight was not very much impressive (as I would have expected!). Nevertheless, saw the Singapore skyline... at least... from the southern tip fo the island... But I think, once is enough...

Click HERE to see more pictures taken from the cabin

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your english is so excellent and your travel is more attractive. Some of my friends studied in Singapore,I am in China.

LOH Kwai Yin said...

Thanks for your comments :D
Hope you find some of the local information/activities useful :D

Unknown said...

我突然发现用中文也应该很行的通呵呵 为何你的工作可以带你去这么多地方呢 好羡慕呀 可以看各地的景色 各处的美食。。。。。 我在上海坐的摩天轮感觉非常一般。。。。实在有点缺乏气势

LOH Kwai Yin said...

Hi

Thanks for visiting the blog :D
Usualy will take time to travel as a way to 're-charge' my energy level. In fact, I am a teacher, so I'm blessed with school vacations :D

Cheers.

Unknown said...

可以冒昧问一下么 您的英语里面很少新加坡式英语,是职业要求正规的英语么?

LOH Kwai Yin said...

一方面,是习惯了用正规英语-在我的学习时期,“新式”英语还不是那么常用(虽然流行过,但,也只不过是那么一阵子。。。)。
另一方面,象您说的,也是职业的需要,得灌输学生正确的用法,得以身作则。 :D