Sunday, April 15, 2012

#articleMe: From Films to Digital Images

The Sunday Times (20120415, Reflect 11) 

The article reminded me of those old days when I have to pack one big bag of Fuji-36 films for trips! It was like 1.5 roll per day kind of estimation... Can imagine how much to bring and spent to develop the photos for a 10- day trip? I recall the 'investment' of those days was not limited to the initial cost - to get the films, but also to develop the photos (depending on the size 4R or 3R?) and also the additional development/ handling fee of about $2 to $5 per instance. On top of that, the album and the necessary 'accessories' to go with the album, without talking about the amount of time put in.


Technology and accessibility has changed our behavior!
From films and photo albums, we moved on to digital cameras where we could then select the photos before printing... yet, I could resist put them into albums. Then we progressed to the online albums... for me, it goes into the Travelogue which I started working on about 6 years ago.

Yes, memories were captured and now, is shared with a even wider audience...
It's convenient! It's cost saving! It's fast! We can do lots of fanciful things online....
On the other hand, I missed those days when I pieced the air tickets, receipts in the relevant sections of the album and writing down the little thoughts beside them...

Hm... the touch and feel...

No comments: