Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eating @ School Canteen

It's quite rare that I would eat at the Canteen... Well, many would think that it's because the canteen offers very little choices. True, the canteen's choices are limited; however, it isn't the reason.

Talking about choices, I am quite easily contended with food (though I love good food). As long as it is good enough to 'feed', food is not a key consideration. Probably because I was used to having simple food and I think I could return to that mode any time :) Still could recall very clearly the 'lunch' I had when I was in Paro! Haha... Boiled egg and Boiled Potato, and that tin of biscuits for lunch for those months. Haha... think about it... probably because I was quick picky on food? Hm... OK, being lazy to walk out of the campus was another reason, except on days when I was invited to my fellow lecturers' home for lunch :)

One key reason that I seldom eat at the canteen was because comfort creatures like me prefer to stay in comfortable places like the air-conditioned areas. I would not mind eat in front of my computer (though there's limited desk surface). Well, I am contended over that.

Below was captured in one of the rare occasions that I ate in the canteen. There's only one reason. Because it's soupy! Anyway, it tasted pretty good :)

While sometimes it's "boring", I disagree to saying the food is no good.
Well, the vendors are also willing to 'customise' the dishes for us. So, what else are we going to ask for more?
Just keep up with the effort :)

No comments: