Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas... what it means to me

Christmas... what it means to me??? What it means to one who has no religious connection to the day?

I guess, it's a time to catch up with friends, to say 'hi' to someone whom we often 'claim' no time to talk to or have nothing much to update... It's also time to renew our friendship, to let our friends know that we remember them... and we bother...

I guess it's this little touch that sometimes warm each other's hearts, that makes the day of our friends... yes, something that is free, but powerful enough to brighten one's day :D

eCard has been a popular option to 'send' cards to friends... yes, still remember the year when the hallmark website was 'jammed'... yes, I like hallmark... I guess it's the design... and also its long-known name on the hardcopies - it's known to be a class by itself! But after a while, I realise, I find more through sending hardcopy cards... yes, sounds funny...

It's always very heartwarming to receive news, be it long or short, it could be just a couple of words, it could be long stories... from friends... no matter what, it simply tells, they remember me... and they bother :D

This was especially so in days when I was at Paro, where both email and snail-mail were not very accessible... a mail simply gave me a strange feeling that, at the moment, I was connected to the real world! I like snail mail because it's something I could touch and feel and keep... and yes, it's the personalised handwriting... I think it makes a difference!

No comments: