Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Perseverance" by Margaret J Wheatley (p89): Blame

The author started to claim it's a western culture, which I disagree... In fact, I believe, this characteristic of 'blaming' takes place everywhere, it's irregardless of culture, race or nation. It's a human nature? I think.
On the other hand, sometimes I think the environment plays a critical role in shaping the 'degree' of "blaming" mindset an individual has.

As pointed out by the author, "It's never just one person's fault, no matter how terrible or nasty they are." However, the author did not highlight the fact that the individual sometimes fail to see that they contributed to the outcome they face as well.

I think this has become prominent amongst today's youngsters who usually deal with just "You" or "Me". It's therefore important to 'train' our kids since young to cultivate a more encompassing mindset. That's part of the holistic development of a child :)


No comments: