Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's Saturday morning

I live on the 11th floor.

In a weekday, usually, by the time I reach home it's already pitch dark... so, seldom look out to see what's happening around although my window faces the open space in front of my flat. Moreover, when it's evening, the window would be closed as the air conditioner starts to 'work'.

There's construction work going on in front of my flat. Oh yes, a 'new barrier' going to sit between my flat and Tampines Junior College. Can't remember how long since... hm... more than 6 months already, definitely. It's quite rare that I would sit in front of the window with a relax mind... to see what's happening out there.

The morning wind is cool... to some extent, icy?
At 8.10 am, the surrounding seems to be exceptionally quiet... seems like many are still in dreamland (though it's only a Saturday morning).
The wind also brings crystal clear instructions that the supervisor gave to the construction workers all the way at the ground floor to my ears... that's amazing, isn't it? Could very clearly hear the instructions right from telling them the danger of standing near the excavator to managing the cables.


The foundation work is more or less done... very quickly, will see the blocks coming up and the JC will be out-of-sight soon.

Apart from the "mega" project right in front of my flat, there's another "mini" project just happening at my door step! Oh yes, it's installing a new lift right outside my unit! Wow! So convenient, right? Actually, I just wonder... how's the traffic going to be like... hm... and probably the noise, when it starts its operation...

No comments: