Monday, May 05, 2008

7 mistakes to avoid

Click HERE to see article by Tony Jacowski

Saw this article... adn immediately got connected to it... hahaha... it described some observations I made (at the office, or even while in school) over time...

1. Extended breaks - this does not really apply to the school context, as all lessons are governed by the school bell (oh yes! still remember I commented - "I miss the bell" when first joined the branch). But in the recent months, this seem to be an once-in-a-while practice. It's not that I'm very ???? but it's a matter of integrity I guess... the sense of guilt somehow arises when exceeded time... Hm...

2. Tardiness - yeap, it's definitely a no-no... be it going to class while in school - that's why so used to dash here dash there... similarly when going for workshops! Yes, sometimes already know that others will be late, but still insist to punctual. Why? I would rather others owe me than I owe others!

3. Loud behaviour - Peace, peace, peace! silence, silence, silence! Yeap, am one of those who find difficult to work in noisy environment. Thanks to the clever invention of headphone! Yeap, sometimes really have to turn on the volume of music to drown the noise out there... sigh... Agree! It's really to show respect to others around...

4. Being Untidy - something that I can't really ta-han! Not just my table (oh yes, I'll make sure I do my part of keeping it tidy though sometimes could be dusty!). Can't tahan when they just throw everything into the paper bag before and after workshop! Order, order, order!

5. Personal Issues - Sometimes it's unavoidable, I believe... but excessive could be very very irritating, too! Yes, no doubt it helps to bring down the walls and establish better working relationship (yes, I agree)... however, limit that please....

6. Speak your mind - Thought it's quite ok, except that - remember to put things in perspective and stop making assumptions! What you have experienced or gone through does not necessary imply others have gone through the same, too!

7. Do not be emotional - sigh, sigh, sigh.... there's always some dramatic moments here and then... er... sometimes I wonder... maturity????

No comments: