Friday, April 14, 2006

Charges for Water

This topic has caught my attention... it appeared on last week's papers, and it appears on this morning's papers again... that some restaurants charge glasses of water, while others provide it free... of course, the arrows all point at those that do not serve water free.

I'm indeed quite ignorant that there are restaurants that do not serve water free... ok, perhaps never been to those high high class restaurants before... But talking about water, I have another story... indeed, I pay for water even though it was available free... hahaha...

Click HERE to see the post on "Water... "

Indeed, it never never crosses my mind that I'm served tap water when out at restaurants, but anyway, I fully trust that water from the tap (in Singapore) is perfectly OK.

I still remember that many years ago, MacDonald is the first name that flash across my mind whenever I'm thirsty and need a mouth of cold icy water... though a small cup, but that's good enough... and of course, it's free! More importantly, I appreciate that small yet good service and thoughtfulness of the restaurant. Just a cup of cold water and it can leave a long-lasting impression.

No comments: