Monday, September 30, 2024

[F-Diary] #36 MON 30 SEP - The Day....




Reported to Counter C, another clinic which looks more cosy than the main area.

Today is the day to remove the cast. Today is the day when the covered area gets to see light after 5 weeks. 

This is the only photo with my Doraemon forearm. Am still masked up as I've not recovered from flu yet. 


Just before the 3-week old cast is 'cut'.... 

Removed!  The first thing is looked. at my hand, though the focus is actually the wrist. The palm thumb area is dry... as expected, but did not expect it to peel immediately. The discomfort - the roughness. 


The main area looks ok ... though the arm hair at the covered area needed to be awoken, I supposed. 

Yeah! The forearm looks normal 👍 though I could feel the weakness.


The X-ray on 30 Sep has not shown much difference, compared to the previous X-ray.


... compared what's on 9 Sep, the difference though not significant but can see the closing up at the healing part 😌



The hand is really weak... or psychologically, I'm afraid - to hold any weight. The weight of approx 750g almost dropped. But becomes quite comfortable as it rested on the arc between the thumb and the1st finger.

What needed to be done: Strength the fingers to gain mobility. Also to train up the strength and my writing, too - which obviously is badly affected, I believe.

Saw the occupational therapist. Christina was very patient and gentle, and to the details, and very comforting. 

Among the first things she did was to measure the wrist diameter. The circumference of my right (affected) wrist is 1cm more than my left. It's still swollen. It's normal.

A series of the simple exercises is expected... stretching exercises involving the entire arms. Then the finger exercises. I think I can do the first few quite regularly. 

Have chosen a nearer date to return for the next therapy session... next Monday.
Hopefully can see some good process.

Received this 3-fold double page leaflet. 
It look like... it's a common injury







No comments: