Monday, September 09, 2024

[F-Diary] #15a MON 9 SEP - School Reopens!

School reopens today - but I did not report to school.

It's not the first time in my teaching career.

  • The first time was back in NAS (1st day of the academic year) - I had chickenpox after returning from the Spain/ Portugal trip. There was a change in school leadership that year (BK).
  • The second time I could recall was in SST (LC's time) before Covid 19 years (again, 1st day of the academic year) - when my eyes, for unknown reasons turned red, which to-date, I think it was the side effect of the flu vaccine I took in Dec that year.
  • This is probably the 3rd time, I could recall (absent from 1st day of the last term of the year), due to an injury.
But, I woke up early today - not because I forget it is a non-school day (for me), but to hand a set of marked assignments to Ruth to help deliver to school.

Thankful for this colleague, despite of her busyness...  dropping by mum's place at 6am.🧙🧹


No comments: