Wednesday, September 25, 2024

[F-Diary] #31a WED 25 SEP - Ops! The MRT train is stalled

Took this photo while waiting for transport to go home after the day's meeting. 

The train was there since morning, around 9.30 am - due to power trip caused by a faulty train that had served for more than 30 years. Hm... I can't believe it! More than 30 years? We are testing the endurance of the public transport... ok... land public transport? OR It's the confidence we had on the product. Cars have a certain lifespan - which had to be scrapped after they "expired" (a term I borrowed from my Bhutanese students). Buses, too, I believe. Airplanes, definitely - in Singapore. "Old" enough planes are sold off to others. What's the average age of the SIA fleet? I believe it's less than 15 years! To maintain that kind of standard known worldwide.

Why an over 30-year-old train is still in service while the new trains were progressively brought into service. Very puzzling (?).  



No comments: