Sunday, September 08, 2024

[F-Diary] #14a SUN 8 SEP

It's close to 2 weeks since. 

One of those rare mornings that I left my place early to go to my Tampines.

Over these 2 weeks, I'm learning a bit more from some Grab drivers as this becomes the most convenient means to commute. Some are more chatty... who would share some challenges they face in their business. 

This morning is a Comfort cab - learnt that they would need to flag the meter when the journey commences, unlike the flat rate, Just Grab. The driver forgot to flag it down when we started the journey. He was a bit nervous and tried to explain the situation to me. I guess he was worried that I would stick to the meter fare, approximately $2 less. I guess he probably came across unreasonable passengers before. Well, yes, there are people out there who would feeling good over such small "wins" from those who earn a living via hard work ☹️

If I were stingy, I wouldn't even request the service.

No comments: