Wednesday, September 11, 2024

[F-Diary] #17a WED 11 SEP - Back for Business

Went back last Monday to tidy up my desk... getting the stuff and table ready for the relief teacher.  

Today, was back for more a more serious matter, a meeting that matters not so much to me, but for my jobholders. Had prepared the necessary since last week. Jumped in the opportunity when offered an option to attend online. For such meetings, regardless what, face-to-face is certainly more effective. 

I felt energetic, actually. 

I felt that missed the meeting.

Actually, I had not stopped working though I could choose to leave everything behind for a while and take a break. Given hospitalisation leave, it's as good as rest at home instead of occupying a bed there.

Somehow, I could not bring myself to do it - pause everything. Yes, I remember this - no one is indispensable. However, by choosing not to touch work could result in lots of inconveniences to others. Why should I create this inconvenience when I'm capable of doing some of these keyboard work? I guess, it's about responsibility?

At the same time, I've also openly declared FOMO - I don't know what it means only until this tear of missing out just kicks in.

Now, it's as good as working from home WFH (again). Yup, working from home is never about idling. Instead, I'm doing more work. 


No comments: