Tuesday, August 27, 2024

[F-Diary] #1b MON 26 AUG - I'm back...

The swelling came in the evening becomes less and less bearable. Decided to make a trip back to the A&E department. It was less than 12 hours after I left.

It was a huge contrast to the morning... so crowded, and filled with lots of children noises. To my surprise, many of the kids were calm... were they still in shock? or they could be easily distracted away from the pain? I wonder.

The wait was close to 2 hours. 
Some people were counting and monitoring the wait time and the number of patients being served - trying to draw some inferences to make out some patterns. Haha... interesting. 




Was close to 2330 when it's my turn.
Was attended to by a quite senior looking doctor, Dr Lim.

He examined and agreed the bandage was a bit too tight, leading to the swelling around the fingers area. He also volunteered why it needed to be very tightly dressed in the morning because the key was to ensure the bones were held tight in the position, which is the priority at that point of time. I understood. I am not angry with what I may inferred to be "a less than ideal job" done. I appreciated this info, and made me feel more grateful to the doctors who treated me in the morning.

I guess, that's teamwork, recognising patients' ignorance and helped to give greater clarity to the intent.
He also gave assurance when he looked at the Xray took in the morning and commented that the alignment was quite neatly done. This gave me further assurance. Relieved, at least. He also shared it may take another 4 to 6 weeks to recover. OK, that piece of info is useful!

It was close to 2.30 am when I'm eventually home.




No comments: